Top 3 Causes of Death
- Heart Disease
Prevention is Key
- Reduce cholesterol
- Reduce blood pressure
- Tobacco increases risk with all diseases
- Wellness- is becoming aware of making better lifestyle choices
- Increase awareness-read, TV, Facebook, Instagram
- Support for healthy behaviors- Places to exercise, Walk app, gym
- Supportive relationships-Buddy system, family, friends, co-workers
- Contemplation-when we see other’s suffer from consequences of unhealthy lifestyle
- Commitment to change
- Rewards- A trip? New clothes?
- Substitute negative behavior for a negative one
- What could be some of your motivators to change? Improving self image or reducing stress.
- Preparation to take action! Record your own behavior, create journals, record activity level, and take time to analyze it.
- Set goals that are realistic, quantitative, believe in yourself
- Create a plan for food & exercise
- Make a personal contract with yourself-goals, benefits, strategies for change
*These statements are not meant to diagnose or treat. You should consult your health care provider before starting any new diet, exercise, or supplement.